Thursday, March 30, 2017

The Essential Micro-tip Scissors!

I'm determined to complete all of the weekly challenges issued this month on the Heart 2 Heart Blog, so today I'm sharing a card I created using my most frequently-used "Favorite" tool for the "Tool Time" challenge. As much as I absolutely LOVE how Close to my Heart is now offering such a variety of thin-cuts dies to coordinate with our stamp sets, I still find myself wanting and needing to get out my most reliable Micro-tip Scissors (Z534) to do some detailed cutting occasionally. These are no ordinary scissors!! If you like to cut out small things, having these Micro-tips really does make all the difference! I've had new customers tell me many times that they're "just not very good at cutting," but then I love watching them discover that with the right pair of scissors, they really can and do cut so much more effectively!

So here's a "fussy cut" standard-size card (below) that I created recently using the stamp set from the Workshops your Way® "Here For You" Cardmaking Kit (G1124):


...and here are the instructions (below) that I made up to
help my customers figure out how to put the card together!

(ink colors used are Black, Cranberry, and Fern)
Sometimes, if/when I have a large group of guests attending a class, and I know it will be harder to get around to explain each card to every guest in full detail, I'll make up a page like this (elements adhered on 12x12 cardstock and kept in a clear memory protector), that they can pass around and refer to, to help them make sure they don't miss any steps when the stamping and assembly of a particular card is more involved. I hope it is helpful to you also by helping you to see and understand how this card was put together. Enjoy!!


4 comments:

Patty said...

What a good idea Jen!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Beautiful card for a workshop, CAS and lovely. Showing the importance of your tool is important for those that feel out of their comfort zone and scissors do make a difference. I still do a lot of fussy-cutting and enjoy it. Thank you for sharing your card and your workshop instructions with us at H2H and please come back in April to participate again in our Perfect Attendance Badge...we love seeing your projects.

Laurie Levorson said...

Beautiful card and fabulous tips for your classes! Thanks for sharing at Heart 2 Heart!

Brandi said...

I love this card. I love the flowers, the colours, the simplicity, it is perfect! Thanks for playing along with H2H challenges.

Brandi R
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca
H2H Design Team