Wednesday, September 2, 2015

What is FUNdamental Scrapbooking?? (my Convention Presentation!! - Part 1)

So, back in May 2015,
the Close to my Heart home office
called and invited me to be a
"special presenter" at the annual 
Close to my Heart Convention
(at the Disneyland Hotel, in Anaheim, CA)!
Of course I said "Yes!", so... I DID IT!!!
(as scary as it was to be up there, lol).

...and now that the NEW Annual Inspirations
and Holiday Expressions Catalogs have been released
online on September 1st (view catalogs here!!),
I can finally share ALL of the details about
what exactly it is that I shared on stage!!

First, here are a few photos of me as a presenter that day...





Next, here is what I presented on stage
(along with the first two of eight total 
scrapbook layouts that I shared that day):

What is a "Fundamental" Scrapbooker?
 Fundamental scrapbookers like to create clean, uncluttered, and balanced pages that can be completed quickly and without a lot of fuss. We may not care to add any dimensional embellishments that make our pages lumpy/bumpy. We like our photos and journaling to be the main focal points on each page, without too many distracting decorative elements.

A Fundamental scrapbooker may be a beginner 
that we are teaching to scrapbook for the very first time, OR...
It may be someone who is a very experienced 
scrapbooker, like me, that wants to complete their pages 
faster, simpler, and easier!

Even though I do like to take my time being extra creative sometimes, most of the time my busy life as a wife and working mother of five, just doesn't allow as much creative time as I want to have. If you, like me, have ever felt that you lack the time, lack the creativity, or lack the money to afford a lot of product, then Close to my Heart offers us a
simple solution...

FUNdamental Scrapbooking!!
using our new line of Paper Fundamentals and coordinating stickers/embellishments, as well as, our My Reflections paper packs and Complements!

Let me show you what my
"Fundamental" scrapbook pages look like...
(the new products I used are listed beneath each photo below)!!

NEW Paper Fundamentals - Basics (black) Z3128 (p.109)
NEW Fundamental Stickers Pack - Basics (with gold foil) Z3166 (p. 110)
"Piano Man" title is cut from NEW Gold Glitter Paper Z3076 (p. 145)
with the Cricut Artbooking cartridge Z3169 (p. 120)
"Jose Rubio Jr." is stamped with Alphabet stamp set, Jennifer's Hand B1484 (p. 107).

(close-up of the Left page)

(Close-up of the Right page)

NEW Paper Fundamentals - Whimsy (crystal blue & sweet leaf) Z3127 (p.109)
NEW Fundamental Stickers Pack - Basics (with gold foil) Z3166 (p. 110)
ALL of my titles and black/white/grey elements are stickers from this pack!

 (close-up of the Left page)

 (Close-up of the Right page)

Here's a tip on how to easily line up your sticker titles perfectly straight:
First, cut out just the word you want from your 6x12 sticker sheet.
Then, peel back and crease either the top half/bottom half of the sticker backing.
(it helps you to crease the backing more easily if you remove
the "negative" outside part of the stickers from the wax-paper backing also).

Then, lightly press to adhere just the sticky part of your sticker letters to your page wherever you want them. Last, pull away the wax-paper backing from underneath the rest of the stickers and press them in place. If you press them gently at first, then they are easy to remove (and re-adhere) wherever you prefer IF they do happen to move/slide around on you a bit. Now, they are instantly lined-up and spaced evenly and exactly how they came on the sticker sheet!

That's all for now!!
I'll be back to post Part 2 (two more layouts
that I presented on stage) very soon!! :)
 

4 comments:

Willing Hands said...

Great job! I enjoyed hearing you at convention, but I appreciate it even more here seeing all the details and notes. Thank you so much for sharing. Always, Alayne from Ky

Lauren said...

These are wonderful- I especially love the pool one. Thanks also for the lettering tip!

Anonymous said...

Lovely layouts, Jen! Sorry I missed seeing you at Convention but thanks so much for sharing your presentation here!

Michele said...

This was a great presentation at convention and I am so happy you are sharing again! I needed a reminder on all your beautiful artwork and inspiration! Thanks,
Michele