Sunday, August 28, 2011

A "Teacher Appreciation" Card with the Typeset papers!

The Heart 2 Heart Blog challenge this week was to create something to celebrate this time of year when kids of all ages are going back to school! (Remember you can click on my photo to see all the details much larger)! I decided to use our NEW Typeset papers X7139B to create this simple standard size "teacher appreciation" card. The stamps I used included D1361 Thank You for the "thanks" sentiment, B1380 Mayberry (WOTG stamp set) for the apple and leaves, and an "oldie but goodie" wooden stamp I123 Best Teacher for the large sentiment. I haven't kept very many of my old wood stamps from my early days of stampin' with CTMH, but I just couldn't part with this one because it is a stamp I find myself drawn to and have kept on using it again and again! My husband is a teacher, many of my best friends are teachers, and teachers are just...well...Close to my Heart!! (pun intended!)

As my kids have just finished up their first week of school, my plan is to do a much better job this year of making sure that all of our teachers know how much we appreciate them for the very important and sometimes difficult work they do!!

2 comments:

Haley D. said...

Such a thoughtful card that any teacher would appreciate receiving. The little things do mean a lot. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

Anonymous said...

Too Cute!!!