Sunday, September 12, 2010

H2H color challenge for 9/6/10 (Halloween Pop-up Card revisited!)

As some of you know, the past month has been so overwhelmingly busy for me! So it's been at least a month (or more) since I've been able to find the time to participate in the weekly Heart2Heart challenges that I love so much. This week I was very happy to discover that the color challenge includes a color combination that I have used before! So the card below isn't something new I've made, but rather a pop-up card I made last year that just so happens to use the very same colors from this week's H2H challenge (yaay)! My card does include the added colors of black and a little bit of cocoa as well (for the tree) and uses the Spellbound C1374 stamp set.
Here is what the card looks like when it is closed (below). The cool thing is that because it lays completely flat this way, you can mail this card to someone easily and affordably, and then they can pop the card open and display it standing up - isn't that fun?!
For instructions how to create this type of card, you can click here to visit the Free-standing Pop-up Card tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers!

6 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

Super cool Jen! I always have a problem mailing my cards because of the dimension, but this technique solves that! Thanks for joining us this week at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

Welcome to Sara Batkin's Legacies Of Love said...

Oh my goodness - I love this - what a fun card - TFS :O)

Michele said...

Fantastic Card! You did an incredible job :) I really should try and make one of these sometime. Thank you for your inspiration!

Paper doll said...

How awesome is this, I wouldnt expect anything less of you!! So glad you could share your talent and creativity with us at H2H!!

Jessica said...

Very cool card Jen, I really have to try one of these, thanks so much for playing at H2H with us this week!

Deneen said...

Great card, love the pop-up. Thanks for playing along with H2H.