Monday, October 19, 2009

Thanks a Bunch-My Humble Artists Swap Card!

I was really late getting my Humble Artists swap card done this time around. It was due to be mailed out to my fellow swap participants by the 10th of September, but I wasn't able to get mine done and in the mail until mid-October - yikes! - so sorry ladies!! I really had trouble finding my creative mojo this time around. I think it's mostly because I have been so overwhelmingly busy and then also really sick with a sore throat/cough for almost three weeks now. I think I am finally starting to beat this cough now though and I can't wait to feel like my normal self again soon.
The guidelines for the swap this time around were:
  • Choose card size/shape
  • Choose color combo
  • Random stamp CS and use 2 or more B&T's minimum
  • Use a minimum of 5 layers of paper
  • Use 3 brads, plus at least one other embellishment of your choice
  • Most importantly, let's have fun!
So this is my swap card - it is 6x6 in size and the card design is inspired by Originals - Button Trio (p. 90). I used mostly Bon Appetit stamps (D1367) and a tiny little circle stamp from the Endless Friendship stamp set (D1354) with B&T duos papers from the Bella pack (X7114B) and the Evensong pack (X7104B). The "Thanks a Bunch" sentiment stamp comes from the Thank You stamp set (D1361). Ink colors I used are Desert Sand, New England Ivy, Olive, and Smokey Plum (1st and 2nd generation). The big leaves were stamped in Olive, cut out, sponged around the edges with NE Ivy ink, and paper-pieced on top of the grapes. It may be hard to tell from this scan, but I also added lots of liquid glass. I hope you enjoy this card as much as I enjoyed designing it!

No comments: